My mom is a great cook!
I asked my mom if she could recall the recipe she created for them, so here it is:
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups oats
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup very finely chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup applesauce or 1/2 cup margarine
1 cup brown sugar or 2 tbs stevia
3 tbs almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix flour, baking soda and cinnamon in one bowl.
2. In another bowl, combine margarine or applesauce, sugar or stevia, almond milk, and vanilla. Beat together.
3. Combine the contents of the two bowls into one bowl. Stir in oats and raisins.
4. Mix well.
5. Drop spoonfuls onto sheet.
6. Bake at 350 until golden brown on bottom.